Thinking about a boudoir photo shoot, but facing a fearsome case of pre-shoot jitters? No worries, it’s normal! But kick those worries to the curb because you are already certified eye candy! It’s my job to compose the shot that reveals it to you. Your job is to let loose and have fun! Here are a few tips for banishing pre-boudoir anxiety.
1. Prepare your body, but don’t sweat it too much. A boudoir photo shoot is about celebrating your body just the way it is. Keep your skin ready for a close-up with healthy eating and lots of water in the weeks before your shoot.
2. Take a tip from the wedding rhyme. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Old: You probably already have something in your closet that drives him wild. New: Spoil yourself with a lingerie shopping spree! Borrowed: A picture of you in his work shirt or favorite football jersey (and not much else) is a classic. Blue: Not necessarily blue, but don’t be afraid to show off your unique beauty with lingerie in vibrant colors.
3. Scout a location. Many photographers offer in-home shoots, but if you’re looking for a particular mood you may want to splurge for a hotel room. Ask if they have reduced rates for photo shoots!
4. Find your fantasy inspiration. That means looking at lots of boudoir photos, pin-up photos, even fashion photography examples. Are you going for lacy and elegant, or black leather noir? Share your inspiration with your photographer in advance of shoot day so she can bring what she needs to deliver the goods.
5. Don't forget the details, like your nails. Schedule a relaxing mani-pedi before your shoot and feel sexy from head to toe.
6. Wear loose clothing to the shoot. You don’t want that ring around your waist from a pair of tight jeans or strap marks from an ill-fitting bra.
7. Get in the mood with your favorite sexy or girl-power playlist.
8. Do a 5-minute tone-up. An hour before your shoot is not the time to start a crunches marathon. But you can tone up temporarily by doing a few push-ups or squats. To lengtehen your look, warm up your muscles with gentle stretching.
9. Bring a friend! Need a confidence buddy? Your best gal pal can keep your secret and keep you calm and confident.
10. Remember, this is supposed to be fun! Take a deep breath, have a laugh, and show off your sexy side. Your photographer should also help you feel comfortable. I know I always try to!